The Linux kernel user-space API guide¶
While much of the kernel's user-space API is documented elsewhere (particularly in the man-pages project), some user-space information can also be found in the kernel tree itself. This manual is intended to be the place where this information is gathered.
Table of contents
- No New Privileges Flag
- Seccomp BPF (SECure COMPuting with filters)
- Landlock: unprivileged access control
- unshare system call
- Speculation Control
- OpenCAPI (Open Coherent Accelerator Processor Interface)
- eBPF Userspace API
- Linux-specific ELF idiosyncrasies
- IOMMU Userspace API
- Linux Media Infrastructure userspace API
- Netlink Handbook
- Platform Profile Selection (e.g. /sys/firmware/acpi/platform_profile)
- VDUSE - "vDPA Device in Userspace"